Easiest Spring Decoration – Make It Today!
Now this is not my creative genius coming to the surface – this is just me seeing something online and saying “I could do that!” Sometimes I say that, and I end up being dead wrong, but this time I found something super easy, super cute and contagious!!!! I showed my craft project to my friends and it has spread like wildfire! So if you don’t want to catch the fever to make the easiest spring decoration ever – don’t read on……
- Artificial flowers
- Wire (optional)
Now there are options, put it all depends on your creativity and budget! Because I was just “testing” my theory that I could make it, I bought an extremely cheap umbrella (that can be used later as an actual umbrella). The flowers that I used came from the Dollar Tree. (I’m sure you could use real flowers, if the decoration is only supposed to be used for a short period of time). The ribbon I had left over from some craft project (you know what I’m talking about….a closet of “left overs”). And the wire I used to help hang the creation (since my first umbrella didn’t have a cute hook), came from one of my “junk” drawers.
- Prepare you mental creativity. You have it – I promise you!
- Gather supplies
- Open up the velcro tie around the umbrella, and let the umbrella “fan out” on its side. Let the spokes fall where they may.
- Take the flowers and insert them in the umbrella (trying to insert, or wedge them between the spokes).
- Gather the umbrella around the stem area, and use the ribbon to tie around it with a bow.
- Add a piece of wire to the back of the umbrella (between the spokes next to the handle) and create a loop (or circle) with the wire.
- Rejoice! You just made the easiest spring decoration ever! And remember….it’s contagious!
Daily Vitamin C: April showers bring May flowers (or umbrellas with Dollar Tree flowers)!